German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting. German chocolate cake is typically made as a chocolate layer cake with a sweet frosting loaded with shredded coconut and pecans. It's basically a snackable sheet cake. While the classic recipe uses a light, sweetened chocolate to flavor the cake, I prefer using a combo of unsweetened.
Layers of fluffy chocolate cake and creamy coconut-pecan frosting come together in a towering, triple-decker German chocolate cake no one will be able to resist. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting, ending with frosting. This German chocolate cake has a gooey coconut and toasted pecan filling, a dark chocolate cake, and deliciously It's pretty sweet by itself, but when paired with coconut pecan filling AND chocolate frosting, it makes my teeth hurt.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, german chocolate sheet cake with coconut-pecan frosting. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
German chocolate cake is typically made as a chocolate layer cake with a sweet frosting loaded with shredded coconut and pecans. It's basically a snackable sheet cake. While the classic recipe uses a light, sweetened chocolate to flavor the cake, I prefer using a combo of unsweetened.
German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have german chocolate sheet cake with coconut-pecan frosting using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting:
- Take 2 Cups of Flour.
- Get 2 Cups of Sugar.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 4 oz of Baking Chocolate (I used 1/4 c Cocoa Powder and 4 tsp oil).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Shortening.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk (I used 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt).
- Take 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Get 2 of Eggs.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare of ~*Icing Ingredients*~*.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Evaporated Milk.
- Get 1 Cup of Sugar.
- Get 3 of Egg Yolks.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Take 1 1/3 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Vanilla.
And that says a lot considering I have a mouthful of sweet teeth!! Categories: Chocolate Cake Cake Coconut Cake Coconut Recipes Fruit German Chocolate Cake Dessert. Throwdown's German Chocolate Cake with Coconut-Pecan-Cajeta Frosting, Chocolate Ganache and Coconut Whipped Cream. Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting is hands down the best German chocolate cake icing around.
Steps to make German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and sugar. Set aside..
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, water, German Chocolate baking chocolate and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil, add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine..
- Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in-between each addition..
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- ~*Frosting Directions*~*.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat combine milk, sugar egg yolks, and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly for about 12 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake evenly and drizzle with hot fudge..
- FOR BEST RESULTS Put in Freezer for 30 minutes after frosting the cake. It will cool the icing but the cake will be slightly warm and melt in your mouth.
Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe is the perfect German chocolate cake icing. Thick, nutty, and delicious, we dare say this icing might be the very best reason to slice into a. Real german chocolate cake made with sweet baker's chocolate, tangy buttermilk and filled with rich coconut pecan filling. How to make Authentic German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting and creamy chocolate swiss meringue buttercream. Homemade German Chocolate Cake is always a favorite.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food german chocolate sheet cake with coconut-pecan frosting recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were just waiting to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can basically stimulate brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You already knew that green tea helps you feel a lot healthier. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood too!
German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting: Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a couple of of these tips instead.