Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp.
Foods That Make You Happy
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, southern style grits topped with creamy cajun shrimp. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook southern style grits topped with creamy cajun shrimp using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp:
- Prepare of Shrimp and Vegetables.
- Take 2 lb of làrge fresh shrimp (if frozen used thaw).
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning (your choice).
- Get 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- Get of Southern-Style Grits.
- Take 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt( to taste).
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked grits.
- Get 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Cream Sauce.
- Take 1/2 oz of cream cheese' package (8oz).
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt (adjust taste).
- Get 1/4 tsp of white pepper (if desired).
Instructions to make Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp:
- Peel and devein shrimp. (if using frozen thaw completely).
- Using a large skillet heat oil….àdd shrimp, 1/2 Cajun seasoning and wine….2 to 3 mins shrimp will be pink and deglazed. Set aside..
- Heat 2 TB olive oil in large skillet add onion and bell peppers. add garlic, Cajun and thyme. cook 1 min til tender. add cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat simmer uncovered for 8 to 10 min or til thickenings stirring occasionally..
- prepare Southern-$tyle Grits… in a sauce pan add broth and milk bring to a boil whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 to 10 mins. stirring occasionally, or until thickened and creamy. Stir in butter, salt and pepper. keep warm. makes about 4 1/2cups. Prep: 5min. Cook:10 min.
- Prepare cream Sauce: Using a food processor or a ninja – pour cream mixture and cream cheese into blender with salt and pepper. Process til smooth. return to skillet…add shrimp. cook 1 to 2 min or til heated. Serve over grits. sprinkle cheddar cheese over each serving of grits before serving shrimp onto top. ENJOY!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food southern style grits topped with creamy cajun shrimp recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea has been found to be packed full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while also calming the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you be better. Now you are aware that it can help raise your mood also!
Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp: So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Go with these tips instead!